Thursday, July 23, 2009

Well That was a Long Ride

We had another century ride today; it was longer than the others, but it was not as bad. The roads were relatively flat and we were able to keep a decent pace. I had a lot of fun and pretty much just enjoyed the ride until our second lunch. We had our second lunch around mile 70 and once I got back on the bike it hurt too much to sit on my seat. I was stubborn and would not give up or ride in the van, so I chose to stand for the final 40 plus miles. The first 20 were not too bad, but then my arms started to get really tired. I told myself I would not give up though and just kept going. Eventually I made it to our destination with about 112 miles on the odometer. This host was not like any others. We were not in a church or a YMCA, we were camping on someones front lawn. It was in such a nice area. There was nothing but fields, trees, and wildlife around. At the house in Askov, MN we had a cookout, then moved on to a campfire with s'mores. Before bed it was really relaxing to lay down on the grass and stare up at the stars. It was a really fun night until we realized we would be sleeping outside in tents or on the front porch.

1 comment:

  1. 100 MILES -WOW - You are all amazing! I can't wait to hear all your stories and thanks for updating your blog! Everyone looks forward to reading them. Love from us all! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete