Monday, July 27, 2009

Round 2 into Bemidji

The day began with us getting back on route 2 and facing the winds. It is the exact story as yesterday but we had to add in road construction to make things more difficult. It wasn't a terrible long day at 70 miles, but the rough roads and strong head winds made the day feel much longer than it was. The good that came from today's ride was that I figured out my new choice of snack while riding: Snickers Bars. They are pretty much awesome and keep me going. As we got into the town of Bemidji, things finally started to get fun. When I rode through the center of town I noticed the lead group by the river, so I headed down there and just jumped in. It felt absolutely great after a tiring day. Afterwards we took some photos at the giant statue of Paul Bunyan. What it has to do with Bemidji, I am still not sure; maybe someone can tell me. Once we finally made it the 5 more blocks to the church and unloaded the trailer, some us headed back into town and ended up checking out some thrift stores. Dinner followed our exploring and was a good change for us. Baked Potato with chili, cheese and more toppings. We had a paceline safety meeting after dinner because we are going to start using them much more with the winds we are currently experiencing. Once the meeting was over, I ended up shaving my legs... for safety reasons. Falling off your bike with cleanly shaved legs makes for a clean wound tha t heals quickly. I still have a scab from when I fell in Cleveland, so I figured with more chance of falling with pacelines I would play it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment