Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun Day Riding into Pepin

Today's pace was extremely fast and I enjoyed every second of it. I ended up passing everyone in the morning, and made my way to the front and rode a while by myself until there was a mistake in the cue sheet and a few of us met up again. From there I continued to go a fairly fast pace. Right before lunch we found a cool bike shop so we had to check it out. I ended up getting my aerobars fixed with a new part for 5 bikes, so I was really excited about that. After lunch we continued to ride up the Mississippi flying past everyone that left before us at about 25 mph. I ended up finishing the 67 mile day in well under 4 hours. I was tired, but it was fun going that fast for the whole day. In Pepin, a few us went for a swim in the Mississippi before dinner. The water was gross, but it was relaxing. After dinner, we played some original nintendo in the basement and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment