Saturday, July 25, 2009

Build Day in Cloquet

Today we had our eighth build day, and it was probably one of the most fun build day we had yet. The build site was a good 30 min van ride away in Cloquet, MN, so Habitat got us another van to shuttle us over there. We were all working at the same site, which isn't always the case. And I like when were are able to work together. It is much more fun that way. At the build site we trimmed and marked trusses, put up a roof, dug trenches and insulated the foundation. A news crews came by and filmed us for a while. Everyone was impressed with what we were doing and how fast we were making progress on the house. Lunch was provided at a car dealership, where they were grilling hamburgers and hot dogs for us. There was also a moon bounce, and dunk tank. I of course was dared to go sit on the dunk tank. Daryl who worked for Habitat really wanted me to do it, so I did. Will ended up dunking me first and I think I got dunked 2 more times afterwards. The owner of the car dealership liked my efforts and rewarded me with a hat. I was soaked, but ready to go back to work. I didn't mind doing it for a few laughs and smiles. After lunch we finished putting the roof on and called it a day. We went back to the church ate some pizza, bagel sandwiches, and leftovers before about 20 of us went to see the local Dutulth Huskies baseball team for free. We all had a lot of fun and enjoyed that treat after a hard days work.

Link to News Video

No comments:

Post a Comment