Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bowling Green

I woke up today with an unfamiliar, but good feeling; I was in a bed. Unfortunately I was up at 5:30 in the morning, and back at the church by 6. Again, Avon Lake treated us to a feast as we had every possible breakfast food. While it was delicious, it may have slowed us down a little bit as it took longer than normal to digest. Eating was a common theme for the day and we had two lunches because it was a ride day longer than 90 miles. I took it easy for the first 60 miles just riding at a comfortable pace in the back with sweep. After the second lunch I decided to just book it into Bowling Green. I averaged about 20 mph by myself for the final 30 miles. I had to ride fast in order to get in early enough to get to see Andrea who happened to also be there that day. It was really nice to see a familiar face. We hung out for a little while until it was time for dinner at the church and she had to drive back to Akron. Dinner was one of my favorite dishes that included pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce, and garlic bread. Following dinner, I volunteered to make the cue sheet for tomorrow because there was not one from last year to go off of. The church did not have internet, so Will and I headed down to Panera to steal there Wi-Fi. We got there about 10 minutes before closing time. Luckily they let us stay and use the internet as they cleaned up. We also were given some cinnamon bogels, which were delicious. After finishing the cue sheet I headed back and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment