Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweeping into Edwardsburg, MI

Today I was assigned to sweep with Theo into Edwardsburg. In the morning, I was really frustrated because not everyone was leaving right away and I could not leave until everyone else was gone beacuase I was sweep. The ride was about 75 miles, but felt a whole lot longer because of some strong winds and the fact that Theo and I kept catching riders but could not pass them. Being sweep did actually pay off this day though, because the riders in front of me decieded to get lost and ended up going 15 miles out of the way. I didn't have such problems and ended up arriving to the host at about 3:30 and just shortly after the large group that got lost. Edwardsburg was a lot of fun, the church had organized for a few guys from the bike shop to come down and tune up our bikes. It was really nice of them. At the church we had everything we needed to keep ourselves entertained: a closet full of sporting gear. We ended up playing wiffleball and football in the parking lot for a few hours before a delicious taco dinner. Tomorrow is a another build day and we are excited because the locals are telling us there will definitely be work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment