Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome to North Dakota

Today was our longest ride of the trip totaling 119 miles. How I got to the end was quite the adventure. In the morning Nate and I were pretty much just sprinting and passing multiple groups of people and pacelines. We were about 27 miles in and 2 miles from the North Dakota border when I got a flat tire. That slowed us down as I had to change it and pretty much everyone we passed, passed us. After replacing my tube, we crossed the border where the state sign was quite uneventful. Normally, we will all gather and take photos, but this sign was on top of a bridge with no shoulder or sidewalk. Once across the bridge I saw UND and wanted to stop and look at the $100 million dollar Ralph Engelstad Hockey Arena. First lunch was soon afterwards, and the ride to second lunch was pretty uneventful, expect for a house being moved down Route 2. I rode most of the way from first lunch to second lunch alone, but after second lunch I rode with Julia and Kelsey. I was really happy I did, because I they ended up pulling me the entire way to the church. They also sang every song they could think of; they really entertained me, while helping me finish. When we got to the church I immediately went from my bike to laying down in the grass. I laid there for a while until spaghetti dinner was ready. A few of us went to the Bible Camp down the road to shower after dinner and we probably had the most fun you could have. There was a playgroud there with the animals on the springs. We all got on the completely undersided animals and rocked back and forth. We simply looked hilarious on them. Once we got back from showers we had an affordable housing meeting, which many people fell alseep during because of the long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment