Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Going through Cleveland

The ride from Ashtabula to Avon lake started out really well. Kat and I decided to ride together and just continuously drafted of each other average about 18 mph. We were the first to arrive at lunch at around 11. Some people didn't even stop and continued onto Cleveland. I apparently chose the wrong time ride through the city as I completely wiped. I have no good story about falling and don't even know how it happened; I was riding straight. There is a funny story that happened afterwards though. I decided to bike really hard and fast after I fell because I was mad. After passing about 6 riders a man in a car pulls up next to me to inform me that "the guy in the back just took a nasty fall." As I told him that was me he laughed and look confused at the same time. Shortly after my fall, we stopped at a coffee shop in the city for a snack and then continued on our way to Avon Lake. There we were treated to the biggest feast we had seen thus far. About 50 parishioners joined us and we all ate...a lot. That night we left out sleeping bags and thermarests rolled up and were invited to stay in the homes of parishioners. I went to a home with Jason and the family was really nice and willing to serve our every need. Only tomorrow we have to wake up at 5 am because its a 90+ mile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment